Different kinds of calls to action
As I alluded to in the last section, there are a wide variety of conversions, and therefore, calls to action, that have value for your business. What's important to keep in mind is that these types of calls to action can be bucketed by the general business goal they're trying to accomplish. Here's a quick look at the different categories of call to action that are worth keeping in mind when you're evaluating your content.
The engagement call to action: An engagement call to action focuses on getting readers to take simple actions to help promote your content or share their thoughts. Some common ones include:
- Please take a moment to leave your comments or thoughts below.
- If you enjoyed this piece, share it with your friends on Facebook or Twitter.
- Do you know anyone that's struggling with these issues? Please take a moment and share this resource with them, to help us reach as many people as possible.
The "driving to other content" call to action: In more complex content strategies, content is often acting as a gateway to other pieces of content. Therefore, sometimes your calls to action simply drive the reader to other things you've created.
- Are you interested in learning more? Check out these advanced resources I've created on the same topic.
- For an in-depth look at this issue, sign up to download our white paper and case studies.
The sign up/lead capture call to action: Many calls to action are focused at getting more in-depth information about prospects such as email address or lead generation information including more detailed contact information.
- To get regular updates on sales topics, sign up for our weekly newsletter and have our top tips and strategies delivered straight to your mailbox.
- Our case study series offers a closer look at how other businesses are implementing issue tracking software. Provide your email address in the box at the right and get instant access to the full collection.
- Be the first to get information on this event when registration opens, by filling out this form. Our VIP list will get access to discounts, choice seating, and more.
The lead nurturing call to action: Lead nurturing is a process of consciously moving your prospect along the sales funnel. This isn't that different than moving your reader to a related piece of content, except that it's less random. In this instance, you're not simply driving the reader deeper into your content but rather architecting an experience that's driving them toward the sale.
- Many people considering a new vacuum want to understand the different features available. Take a look at this infographic, which outlines a simple process for evaluating your options.
- Watch this video for a more in-depth look at how this product can help you improve your business.
The sales oriented call to action: Depending on your content, your prospect may be ready to buy. Calls to action can also include driving the reader toward making a purchase.
- To get immediate access to this training and all the bonuses, click here.
- If you're ready to invest in your marketing and SEO, follow this link to purchase.