A zone is a defined area on a website where banners will be displayed.
Banners are displayed on websites in zones. A zone simply represents a defined area on the website where a banner should be displayed.
- What is a Zone
- Creating a Zone
- Editing a Zone
What Is A Zone?
A zone is an area on your website or blog that you want to display your social content and ad creatives
Depending on your story, there is always an opportunity to integrate social media into your content. iNADS Ad Server supports 3 different zone types that can be integrated into your social content.
- Hub W/Leaderboard – Full Page with a Leaderboard section that is stationary or rotates banners.
- Hub w/o Leaderboard – Our most popular, as many like to use their own header!
- Filmstrip/Sidecar – Great for integrating into blog pages or website pages to validate social proof.
Creating a Zone
Create a new zone whenever a website has a new area where banners should be displayed.
iNADS Adserver allows a great deal of flexibility in how you use zones.
- A zone could simply represent a certain space (e.g. 468 pixels wide, 60 pixels high) but that space could appear anywhere on a website page (or even multiple times per page). Alternatively, a zone might not have any fixed dimensions, but always be displayed in the top-right of all website pages; a zone might be both fixed size, and fixed position on the website pages; a zone could only appear in a certain sub-section of a website…. There are almost limitless ways that you can use zones to define where banners are displayed on a website.
If you are new to the iNADS Adserver, start off with just a few zones that are used relatively consistently across a website, and see how this works before getting too complex with too many zones. Many complex delivery requirements, where advertisers want to have specific banners targeted and displayed in specific areas of a site can still be achieved without having many zones; and it is generally easier to manage campaign and banner delivery with fewer, rather than more, zones. Keep it simple whenever possible.
To create a new zone, go to Zones > Add New Zone:
<Zones Main Screen>
Add New Zone
Click on the Add new zone link. This will take you to the Add New Zone screen.
<Add New Zone Screen>
Define Hub Zone
To create the new campaign, enter the campaign’s Basic information required fields:
- Web Zone Name: The name of the zone. It is recommended that you use a name that uniquely identifies the zone, and will allow you to recognise the zone quickly and easily.
- Web Zone URL: This is an internal reference to the web link of where the hub will live.
- Social Hub Inventory: Select
- Hub Zone Configuration: Select Full Page w/ Leaderboard -OR- Full Page no Leaderboard
- Hub Zone Group: Reference for internal us. Assign this zone to a group, like a website or section name.
Select Ad Types
Click on the Next Button link. This will take you to the Select Ad Types screen. Here you can select which type of ads you want to allow to be sold and shown on this zone. Select one or all.
- Hub Sponsor (Desktop): The ad spot that sticks at the top of the content being shown when someone is on a desktop.
- Instream (Desktop): The ad spot that is shown after every 6 posts when someone is on a desktop.
- Lightbox (Desktop): The ad spot that is shown when the content is clicked on when someone is on a desktop.
- Hub Sponsor (Mobile): Select Full Page w/ Leaderboard -OR- Full Page no Leaderboard
- Instream (Mobile): The ad spot that is shown after every 6 posts when someone is on a desktop.
- Lightbox (Mobile): The ad spot that is shown when the content is clicked on when someone is on a mobile device.
Input Ad Inventory
Click on the Next Button link. This will take you to the Input Input Ad Inventory screen.
- Maximum Capacity: Max Capacity is a dynamic measurement of the total number of published content in your hub divided by the available ad placement available.
- Recommended Capacity: This is a dynamic measurement based on best practices. This is only a recommendation.
- Ad Slots Available – Instream: Input your advertising inventory for Instream campaign types:
- Ad Slots Available – Lightbox: Input your advertising inventory for Lightbox campaign types.
Once you have filled out the required fields and set any optional values, click on Submit to create the new zone. You will be returned to the Zones page, where you will be able to see your newly created zone.
<Zones Page w/ New Zone>
Editing a Zone
Edit an existing zone to update the zone details.
You may need to change the details for a zone from time to time, if you wish to update the name, description or notes for a zone, for example.
As a general rule, although you can change the zone type or size, this is not generally recommended; instead, if you need a zone of a different type or size, create a new zone.
To edit an existing zone, go to Zones > Edit Zone:
<Zone Main Page w/Edit>
Update, Save Changes
Here, you can update any of the details of the zone.
- Zone Settings – Hub Zone Name, Hub Zone URL, Social Hub Inventory, Hub Zone Configuration, Hub Zone Group
- Ad Types – Hub Sponsor, Instream, Lightbox (Desktop and Mobile)
- Ad Inventory – Instream and Lightbox (Desktop and Mobile)
Click on Save Changes to save your changes.
If you require a fundamentally different zone (by type and/or size), instead of changing an existing zone, create a new zone for the new purpose.