An advertiser is a person or company who wants to display advertising on your (or some other) website via your iNADS Adserver installation.
An advertiser contains all of the necessary details for that person or company, and is used to collect together all of their campaigns, banners and trackers.
- Creating an Advertiser
- Editing an Advertise
- Adding a Contact
Creating an Advertiser
Create a new advertiser to represent a new person or company who wants to display advertising.
You only need to set up an advertiser to represent a new person or company the one time; once they are set up in the iNADS Adserver, you manage their campaigns and banners within their advertiser account.
To create a new advertiser, go to Advertisers > Add New:
<Advertiser Main Screen>
Add New Advertiser
Click on the Add New Advertiser link. This will take you to the Add New Advertiser screen.
<Add New Advertiser Screen>
To create the new advertiser, enter the advertiser’s Basic information. All of the Basic information fields are required:
- Organization Type: Advertiser or Agency
- Organization Name: Name of the organization
- Advertiser Name: The name of the advertiser account. It is recommended that you use a name that uniquely identifies the advertiser, and will allow you to recognise the advertiser quickly and easily.
- Contact: The person who is the main contact for the advertiser. (If the advertiser is a person, rather than a company, the contact may be the same as the name.) The contact will be used in all emails to the advertiser.
- Email: The email address for the contact.
- Website: The web site of the organization
- Product ID: The product id
- Product Name: The name of the product
Optionally, you can select if and when to send email-based reports to the advertiser in the Advertiser report section:
- Email when a campaign is automatically activated/deactivated: When selected, Revive Adserver will sends an email alert to the advertiser when a campaign is activated or deactivated.
- Email campaign delivery reports: When selected, a report will be sent to the advertiser at regular intervals, providing details of how their campaigns are performing.
- Number of days between campaign delivery reports: How often the campaign delivery reports are reports regularly to the advertiser, when email campaign delivery reports are enabled. Change the value in this field if you want these reports sent more or less often than the default.
Optionally, in the Miscellaneous section:
- Display only one banner from this advertiser on a web page: When selected, a global limit is put in place that a maximum of one banner will be displayed per web page (where supported by the zone invocation tag type).
- Comments: A free-form text area to record notes that may be relevant about the advertiser.
Once you have filled out the required fields and set any optional values, click on Save Changes to create the new advertiser. You will be returned to the Advertisers page, where you will be able to see your newly created advertiser.
<Advertisers Page w/new Advertiser>
Editing an Advertiser
Edit an existing advertiser to update the advertiser details.
You may need to change the details for an advertiser from time to time, if the contact or email changes, or to update options regarding email-based reports, for example.
To edit an existing advertiser, go to Advertisers > Edit:
<Advertiser Main Screen w/Edit Highlighted>
Click on the appropriate advertiser account name, This will take you to the Update Advertiser screen.
<Edit Advertiser Screen>
Update, Save Changes
Here, you can update any of the details of the advertiser. Click on Save Changes to save your changes.
Adding a Contact
Add a contact to an existing advertiser.
You may need to add contacts for an advertiser from time to time, if the contact changes or they need to add more people, for example.
To add a contact to an existing advertiser, go to Advertisers > Add Contact
<Add Contact Screen>
Click on the Add Contact link. This will take you to the Advertiser Contacts screen.